Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Another One Bites the Dust: Bar on Church and The Edge

The Scene is admittedly a bit slow in keeping up with the current SF club industry news, what with being on the East Coast and all, but word has finally reached us, via Grubstreet, that the Bar on Church and Castro stalwart The Edge are shutting down and changing hands. The end of BOC comes as no surprise, since, when I reviewed it shortly after its opening in 2009, I asked why, though it was a nice bar, anybody would want to go there when it was offering everything that could be found more conveniently in the Castro. The end of the Edge is a little more surprising, though I suppose there can only be so many Daddy bars in the Castro, and this one always seemed a bit more grim in vibe and clientele than the others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard that the Edge had their rent hugely jacked. No rent control for businesses. I have also heard that it has reopened. No idea what the new place is like, but I was always fond of the old Edge.

~ Castro Chica