Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Little Vacation from the Scene

Hey kids,

you might have noticed that I've not been posting much of late - in fact, I didn't post a Saturday Night Guide for last weekend, whoops! A major reason is that my new job has turned out to be really intense, and where, in my previous situation, I was often able to find time to write posts, now it's pretty much work-work-work all day long, and sometimes into the evenings as well.

Another reason, though, is that I'm feeling pretty burnt out on "the scene." If you know me, or you've been reading this blog for a while, you can probably figure out why. I've never been that much of a cheerleader for the scene, and I've had my moments of wondering what it's all about, Alfie, but lately it seems that I've slipped into an even more morose state of mind about things than usual. So, this tells me that it's time to take a break.

Now is probably a good time for that, since next weekend I'll be out of town for a lovely retreat with some Sisters and other friends in the Mendo mountains, and then the following week it's off to Burning Man. Taken together that likely means I wouldn't be posting much anyway, so I'm going to cut myself a little extra slack.

I might make a couple more posts in the meantime, and when I come back from Burning Man I might also start another blog with a somewhat different focus. Right now, though, I feel the need to step back a bit, think about some things (including why I write this blog in the first place), and decide what I want to do next. For all of you who've followed my adventures over the past year and a half, I hope you will continue to do so, whatever the next chapter might be.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Darn, I just moved here and just started following it.

The Jaded Gay DJ said...

Hey Jerry, don't worry, I'll probably continue to post after I get back from Burning Man, and maybe even a couple between now and then, but I've got a little case of writer's block I need to work on first.