Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mix Download: 022608 from DJ Pup

So here's my first new mix in a very long while; and, even more special, this is my first entirely on CDs using my new Pioneer CDJ-800s. Almost all this music was acquired in the past two weeks, and though I really need to listen to it and live with it more, I am pretty pleased with how it all came together. The only thing I would change is mixing in Lawler's "Courses for Horses" against Deadmau5's "Secondary Complications;" this was the first time I tried it, and now listening back to it I think it's too busy, but that's why we do these things, right? Koehncke's "Weiche Zaune" is also a somewhat different genre than the rest of these tracks, but it's such a beautiful expression of disco utopia I really wanted to use it to make a statement. Similarly, the remix of "Lazy Eye" by Silversun Pickups is a bit different, but I think it leaves the listener with a lasting impression and some lyrics that echo through your head long after the track has ended.

As usual, feedback and comments are welcome.

Mix 022608 from DJ Pup

Track List

Weiche Zaune (The Modernist Remix) - Justus Koehncke
Supernova - Gabriel Ananda and Dominik Eulberg
Time to Jak - A Guy Called Gerald
Secondary Complications - Deadmau5
Courses for Horses - Steve Lawler
Mantrakoma (non-vocal version) - Dusty Kid
Hunted - Martin Buttrich
Tomographie (Spektre Remix) - Andre Crom
Hold My Hand (Dubfire Remix) - UNKLE
Lazy Eye (Jason Bentley Remix) - Silversun Pickups

No comments: